December 16, 2007

70th Anniversary + Family Day 2007

This is my first time to join Revertex & Synthomer's Family Day and Annual Dinner. It was held in A' Famosa Resort Malaysia from 13-14 Dec. Altogether around 987 people (employees + their family members) joined this event. What a big crowd!


13/12/07 - Animal Safari World + Annual Dinner

Since my colleagues (two anak dara) and I decided to car pool to the event so we did not take company bus to A' Famosa Resort. We departed from Kluang around 9.30am and by the time we reached A' Famosa Resort, it was around 11 o'clock in the morning. Animal Safari World is located on 150 acres of pristine surroundings, an amazing wildlife Safari that houses over 150 of the finest species from the animal kingdom. Owing to being late, we missed the first animal show - Elephant Show. We just managed to catch up the second show - Multi Animal Show but only towards the end part. Sigh.... However, I heard the shows are almost the same as the one in SG Zoo. To me, I think SG Zoo's one will be better gua...Hahaha.... Thus, I did not feel any dissappointment when I missed the shows. After the show, we all moved to one of the in-house restaurant to have lunch. The pathway was congested with Revertex and Synthomer people. Tourists coming from other places would definitely feel HATE on this because 900+ people were moving about them. Hahaha.... Nasib dia orang loh.... :P



After taking the "so-so" lunch, we proced to another show called Wild Wild West. Basically, it was a "stunt show" which narrates a fight between the orang sakai and the cowboy. The performers of the show did several risky stunts, played around guns and pistols. Of course, it contains also some humorous scenes to attract kids' attention. The show ended at about 3.00pm. Afterwards, we went to explore the magic of wildlife habitats and environment in the safari trucks. It was a bumpy ride due to the uneven pathway. To me, the ride was not aimed to explore to the wildlife but more to "indulging" dust all the way. The trucks moved so fast that we could not manage to take any photos. Little dissappointment here. After that, it was check-in time at 4pm.



The grand dinner started at 7.30pm. The agenda kicked off with the CEO's speech. During his speech, he distributed rubber ducky toys to all the children who are 12 years old and below. Following that was the makan time, it was buffet-styled dinner. We are Malaysians, rebut-merebut is a normal practice in such an event. Luckily, I still managed to take what I wanted that night. A total of 110 prizes (vouchers), ranging from RM50 to RM5000, were given away. At first, I kept praying so that I won't be called out in the early stage. But then, as time goes by, I started to get worried, I kept crossing my finger that "Ng Boon Kiat" is being called out from the MC! For this purpose, I wore red shirt and even red "te-ko" in order to bring "Ong" to myself. Finally, the grand prize of RM5000 Court's Mammoth voucher went to one of the HR personnels, and I knew that wearing the red shirt and red "te-ko" were useless! Shit! No luck at all!


14/12/07 - Water World + Cowboy Town

After having breakfast in the clubhouse, we went to Water World but not to play water. We went to the souvenir shop for shopping. Since I spent more than RM10 in the shop, I was given a chance to take photo with the Golden Phython (ular sawar emas). I purposedly forced my colleague to take the photo together. She was so scared that she kept "picit" my hand. Feel very sorry for her because I know she is scared of snakes very much. Anyway, new experience for both of us.



Next, we went to the Cowboy Town which opens only after 4pm. We went to watch 4D movie there. One ticket costs us RM20! Not only that, the movie was 10+ minutes only! What an expensive movie, right?! It was my first time to watch 4D movie, I find it so interesting and wonderful. Too bad, it is too costly, I think it won't be second time for me in the future. After taking some photos in the Cowboy Town, we left A' Famosa Resort, heading back to Kluang.
~~Happy 70th Birthday, Revertex!~~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When u tell me you didn't win any of the 110 prizes, I thought, really too bad lah! You didn't say there's 900 person fighting for those prizes! No wonder lah! Seldom konco-konco can win the grand price one, always give to those wellknown and popular person to add popularity to them!

I know your intention to bring your colleague to take the phython picture with you!!! Everyone knows, right, people?! See how close they are together and even squeeze squeeze in the public! Your RM10 so worth it!

bKi@t said...

sorry, attendants, yes, 900+ people but the lucky draw is only for employees who attended the grand dinner(their family members are not inclusive). There are ard 300+ employees attended; 110 prizes. so, that means the probability to win any one prize is up to ard 30%!

sorry, the intention i asked my colleague to take the photo with me is because i dare not to take the photo alone la! no other intention....

人生如戏 said...

Hey !! Good trip wor! Haha, do not feel sad lar at least you get your rubber ducky also right? Gaga ^_^

Anonymous said...

I want the rubber ducky! You didn't take another one for me? It's the digi ducky!

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your ngboonkiat.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com